Friday, March 27, 2009

Oh the Language!

Am I the only one who notices or is the Language being bandied about these days by our fearless leaders pretty frightening....?

For instance, I was reading the Washington Post today when I came across Geithner's new comment as he is asking Congress for more power.

"Geithner: New Regulatory Power Over Financials Should
Rest With FDIC

10:54 A.M.: Geithner said the governments sweeping new powers to seize non-bank financial institutions, if passed by Congress, would be based on the FDIC's model.

Asked by Rep. David Scott (D-Ga.) where such sweeping powers would rest, Geithner said "we would rely on the FDIC to run the regime." [italics mine] http://voices.washingtonpost.com/economy-watch/2009/03/geithner_new_rules_of_the_game.html?hpid=topnews"


The use of words like "regime", "czars", "domestic security forces" and so many other similar words coming out of the mouths of Obama and Geithner lately, well...are kind of, sort of really freaking me out. Language like this sounds to me like Obama's middle name may start with an "H", but I'm thinkin' it might really end with the letters "itler" rather than "ussain".

I'm just saying....

No comments:

Post a Comment